Friday, February 21, 2014

Week 35: February 11-21, 2014

Well its crazy to think she is almost here.  It has been a long but at the same time fast 9 months.  

How Far Along? 36 weeks 2 days

Baby's Size: Honey Dew (measuring in at around 17.2-18.7 inches long and 4.2-5.8 pounds)

Total Weight Gain: I gained another 3 pounds these last two weeks so the total comes to 26 pounds. 

Stretch marks: I have gotten some new ones on my sides. 

Sleep: Its still really difficult. Now its more difficult to get up out of bed to go the the restroom. Its also pretty painful to switch sides in the middle of the night. 

Best moment this week. I had 4 non stress tests, an ultrasound, and my regular appointment.  I am really enjoying my non stress tests because not only do I get a little peace and quiet but I get to listen to baby girls heart beat for about an hour to two sometimes. I can never get enough of that.  Another fun moment this week was that my parents and sister came up to see us. Kohlton had a great time playing with them :) 

Miss Anything: Personally, at this point I'm missing pretty much everything. I miss my normal body, I haven't gotten used to sticking out so far and tend to hit my belly on things. I miss sleeping (which I know won't get better when she get here but at least I'll be comfortable.) I miss eating, with my gestational diabetes I'm rather limited to what I can and can not eat compared to what I was with Kohlton's pregnancy. It has almost made eating a chore and sometimes makes me not want to eat (obviously I do anyway for the sake of myself and my child) it has just gotten very boring and very bland. 

Movement: All the time, including in the middle of the night. Also if I talk to Chris in the middle of the night or when he gets up to go to work in the morning, she will hear our voices and wake up. It will take a little while for her to finally go back to sleep enough for me to go back to sleep as well. 

Cravings: I'm pretty much craving everything I can't have at this point. I'm really craving Pancheros and fruit ( which tend to drive up my sugars) 

Sick: Nope, not really 

Labor Pains: I've been having tons of contractions

Symptoms: I'm having contractions on a regular basis, my feet tend to swell sometimes, and it hurts to get up sometimes. I've also had bad acid reflux these last few weeks but nothing that a little sitting up and tums can't cure.  I also feel since Tuesday, baby girl has dropped. Its so much easier to breathe and I have more pressure on my lower back and hips :) She is gearing up to come but lets just hope she stays put until the beginning of March. 

Wedding Ring: Off

Belly Button: Out

Looking forward to? Meeting our little girl and enjoying these last few weeks as just a family of three. I plan to spend lots and lots of quality time together before everything gets crazy busy again. 


Summary of this week: 

   Well this week has been a pretty stressful week for our household. I had my first non stress test on Tuesday the 11th. When I go to a non stress test they hook me up to monitors to watch the baby's heart beat. They want to make sure that when she moves her heart rate goes up and when she isn't moving it goes down.  Basically what its like when we exercise and our heart rate goes up its exactly the same concept.  I have to go to these because my gestational diabetes is so much more all over the place than what it was with Kohlton's pregnancy. Anyway, during my first session they noticed that I was having a lot of contractions. As in they were a minute long and coming every 3-4 minutes. So they had me drink lots and lots of water and told me to take it super easy for at least the next week. At this point I was only 34 weeks and 6 days so they would have had to give me a shot to stop the labor, at 36 weeks they wouldn't stop the labor if she would decide to come.  So they pretty much put me on bed rest to make sure she didn't come. I stopped doing everything.  Hats off to my amazing husband who did everything (dishes, laundry, taking care of Kohlton when he got home, got me things when I needed them, cooked all our meals, and was just down right amazing). I had another NST on the 14th (Happy Valentines Day)! This one went much better than the first one. I was still having contractions every 9-13 minutes but still much better than every 3-4.  After I got back from that appointment I didn't leave the house again until Tuesday morning the 18th for my regular appointment. I had my ultrasound first to see about how big she was. I didn't get any good pictures because she is so tight in there now.  When I went in to my ultrasound I was 35 weeks 6 days, she was measuring in at about 36 weeks 5 days, weighing an estimate of 6 pounds 12 ounces (give or take a pound). Then I had my regular appointment following my ultrasound and she said everything was looking great. She also checked to see if I was dilated mainly because I asked since I was having so many contractions that last week. She didn't think I would be but sure enough I was already at 4 cm.! She said since I was 36 weeks she could come pretty much any day (hoping it wasn't on the 22nd since she was going to be out of town.  lol ) 

   I've had two more NSTs and they have looked fantastic.  I have also graduated from every two week appointment to every week now so my next appointment for both the doctor and the NST is this coming Tuesday! 

    Since baby girl can come any day we have everything ready to go so now all we have to do is relax and play the fun little game of waiting.  :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment