Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 31 January 15-21

Well, its that time of the week again and I'm actually getting time to sit down to quickly write this :)

Baby girl is about 16 inches long and around 3.33 pounds.  All of her five senses are in working order and her eyes are now sensitive to light. She is also going through some major brain and nerve development.

How Far Along? 31 weeks! Only 9 weeks or less to go!!! 

Baby's Size: Pineapple

Total Weight Gain: 20 pounds! I didn't gain anything over the last two weeks, which mean I've only gained 2 pounds since December 17.

Maternity Clothes: Yes everything!

Stretch marks: Starting to get more on my legs.

Sleep: I'm still getting up every couple of hours to go to the restroom and once baby girl is awake and moving I'm also awake. A few mornings ago she decided to get up when Chris left at 4:45 in the morning. Not cool when Kohlton doesn't normally wake up until at least 8:15 at the earliest.

Best Moment this week! I had my appointment yesterday and everything was looking great! Kohlton go to come with me this time and he got to hear baby's heartbeat.  He understood that we were at the doctor to check on the baby because we were in the middle of the appointment he tries to lift my shirt and says I see baby:) It was super cute.

Miss Anything? This week its not food but I'm missing my normal body. I'm really missing getting on the floor and playing with Kohlton or even the simple task of cuddling with him in bed and then getting out of bed.

Movements: Always! I'm feeling her hiccups now too... such a funny feeling... I believe she is head down because I feel her hiccups in my butt. lol. I can't help but laugh when she gets them.

Cravings: Mexican sounds really good to me right now. The only problem is that most things have a ton of carbs in them so I have to stay away from it. Which is very depressing.

Sick: The only time I feel sick is when my blood sugar is to high.

Labor Pains: I'm still having Braxton Hicks contractions still. If I move around to much or do to much then I'm exhausted the entire next day.

Symptoms? There is a lot that is getting harder to do.  Sadly I think I'm going to have to give up my evening baths. Its harder to get out of the tub plus my skin is so dry that I can't seem to keep up with it. I stocked up at Bath and Body Works a few weeks ago so now I get to put that all to good use.

Belly Button In or Out? Out! Chris makes fun of me all the time! He keeps saying "Babe, You're turkey is done! " Love him still tho.

Wedding Ring on or off? Still off because its at the jewelers.

Happy or Moody? Mostly happy I think! Moody at times of course. What pregnant woman doesn't!

Looking Forward to? Getting this next week over! My 2 1/2 year old son is having surgery next Wednesday so I'm ready for the stress of that to be over and him to be okay. But in the mean time I'm going to enjoy my energetic, loving, naughtily cute, little boy.

Summary of this week:

Getting ready for baby girl:
    This week I got all of her clothes washed and put into tubs so that they stay clean. I'm also in the process of packing my books and things in order to make room for her in our room.  We are also going to transform my big bookshelf into a dresser type thing that I found on pinterest. I've also started getting our bags packed for when that day comes.

  I also had my 32 week appointment yesterday. I've been really frustrated with my gestational diabetes this time around. I talked to my doctor and they aren't going to put me on medicine or anything just yet because she think my blood sugar will be too low then and I'll feel horrible. So that's good, it give me another 2 weeks to try to figure out what this is all about and why my sugars spike. My next appointment is on Feb. 4.  She also told me that we'll do an ultrasound at my 36 week appointment to make sure she isn't getting to big. If she is getting a little big she will put me on medicine and probably induce me around 39 weeks.  We'll see what happens.

Kohlton:
     Well Kohlton has been a rather difficult little boy this week. He is hitting his 2 year old attitude. He is also the king of pouting  which isn't good because with my soft heart with this pregnancy.. I cave half the time. (Which I know isn't good)  We talked to the surgery center on Monday and got more information about Kohlton's upcoming left thumb trigger finger release surgery.  We ask for lots of prayer for Kohlton has he has to go through this and prayers for us as we have to sit in the waiting room:(  We have to be there at 7:00 am on Wednesday the 29th.  Also pray for the us as we have to sit in the waiting room. I already find myself trying to keep busy so that I don't have to think about it. Pray for the recovery and that we can keep him "contained" as we are in the hospital as well as when we get home. Hoping he keeps the bandage on. The first few days I'm assuming will be very relaxed and a lot of movies and games will be played in trying to keep the bandage on as long as possible.

Thanks everyone for the prayers this week. I'll post either early next week or late due to the attention I'll have to give to Mr. Kohlton :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment